Teach swimming at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness! We have eager students waiting for you to show them how to swim all year long in our aquatics center.
Are you feeling like a fish out of water? Dive back in to a job you love and pass on the love you have for swimming to others of all ages.
The primary responsibility of our certified Swim Instructor is to teach both group and private swimming lessons. Classes are small to ensure plenty of individual attention and practice time. All levels will include basic water skills and stroke technique as well as introducing a wide range of personal safety skills while making time together fun.
Does this sum up what you bring to your students:
- Experience teaching beginner-level child or adult to swim and to be safe in, on and around the water.
- Good instincts assessing each person's comfort-level with the water.
- Patience in teaching a fearful individual and instilling confidence in them.
- Able to adapt lessons to each student's readiness to progress.
- Ability to create and follow lesson plans including swimming drills and verbal cues to prevent boredom and increase learning.
- Positive communication skills to both the student and, or guardian including knowing each student by name.
- Adheres to Center and Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Never ever would leave any student alone in the Aquatics area nor in the water.
Current certifications in water safety, instruction, CPR/AED. Minimum of 1 year teaching.
Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness
We envision a society where personal healthcare responsibility is the norm, not the exception. Where people are informed and motivated to practice good lifestyle habits including a quality fitness regime. At Healthtrax, we see ourselves as a vital part of this transformation and have a sense of contribution that validates that the work we do is part of a worthwhile journey. Join our journey & our team. Apply today at healthtrax.com/careers
Since 1979, Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness has been a premier operator of fitness centers serving individuals and corporations. With 17 locations in 6 states, Healthtrax offers programs and facilities that blend lifestyle management, health education, fitness and traditional clinical services, Healthtrax professional staff provide a holistic approach to help each member get healthy and stay healthy. Healthtrax Fitness Centers attract avid fitness enthusiasts, mature adults, families, the tentative non- exerciser, and, or special medical populations most of whom are motivated to not just live longer but live better!
Company Website: www.healthtrax.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)